- ½ medium onion – diced (1cm)
- ½ medium carrot – peeled & diced (1cm)
- ½ celery stick – diced (1cm)
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 tsp Mediterranean blend
- ½ tin tomatoes
- ½ tin chickpeas – drained
- 400ml water
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 100g pasta
- olive oil
- toasted breadcrumbs
- Prepare vegetables as described.
- Place onion into saucepan with a little oil and cook over medium heat until soft (2-3 mins).
- Add the carrot & celery and cook until they start to soften (2-3 mins).
- Add garlic and cook out for a minute before adding the spices and cooking for a further minute whilst stirring frequently to avoid them smoking.
- Now, add the tomatoes, chickpeas, water, stock cube and vegetables and heat through for 5 minutes. Then either use a potato masher to crush 1/3 of the chickpea mixture or remove 1/3 and blend then add it back in the pan.
- Time for the pasta! Add pasta to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente (just done), adding a splash more water as and when required.
- Check for seasoning adding more salt and pepper as desired also consider consistency and add more water as if you’d like a soupy pasta dish.
- Add any of the optional ingredients and enjoy!