Welcome to St Peter’s House: the home of the Student Christian Movement in Manchester!
St Peter’s seeks to be a house that offers:
- A spiritual home to students and staff of all faiths and none, for reflection, refreshment, and renewal
- A place where faith meets intellect and intellect meets faith
- An inclusive community where we seek to break down barriers, where the whole world gathers and diversity is celebrated
- A space to find and celebrate life through fellowship in Christ, sharing God’s love in worship, prayer, music and the arts,
- A place where we are challenged to discover and embody the Kingdom values of justice, joy and peace.
We invite you to join us on the journey of faithRead More
Recent Blog Posts
May 1, 2015 |
The Rhythms of Peace “Preservation of the difference without, at the same time, sinking into the desire to dominate” is an explanation for the musical term Contrapuntality given by the philosopher-musician Edward Said. Contrapuntality is now a popular interdisciplinary term to recognise the importance of silenced components of our society. Said himself crossed the deeply troubled Israel-Palestine geographical and political borders with orchestra comprising of musicians representing various countries in the region to negotiate for peace and harmony in and around Palestine-Israel. ‘The Rhythms of Peace: A Multifaith Musical Evening” on the 25th of April at St. Peter’s Chaplaincy Auditorium was a response to growing violence around us in the name of religions, ethnicity,...
April 16, 2015 |
Are you wondering what to do when you graduate this summer? Or maybe considering your ministry and vocation in the Church? If so you might just be interested in our new Student Worker post. Full details can be found at the top of our home page. We hope to hear from...
January 27, 2015 |
Those of us who turned up last night for the “I am what I am” course were well pleased with what we discovered. Ace facilitator Kieran Bohan led us in activities, discussions and film clips as we unpacked what it means to be a person and got under the skin of the many stereotypical assumptions we so often hear and leave unchallenged. The material helps us broaden our minds, embrace difference and equip us to challenge negative thinking and bigotry wherever we find it. A really good event: and there are still chairs waiting for any new comers!! No need to book – just turn up at 6.45 for a great...